Sunday, January 22, 2012

SWAP - the return

Volume two of the mighty swap took us to the limits of Rabat.. we barely made there, laden with bags of clothes, pastizzi and wine.. For my part I must admit I was happy to be relieved of hosting duties this time round (and for this I thank Claire of yummy hoummus/olives/salmon sandwiches and glass bead fetish fame).. this was a good party.. I misplaced (ie. lost) the clothes I came in twice and that for me is a sign of a good party.

Another good sign is that I left the party with as big a bag as I came in with; ie. all fair and square.. I have recieved as much as I have given.. the conscience of this cranberry-juice-guzzling swapper is clear.

I am really pleased with my liquorish allsorts themed accessories... [scarf from Carla - necklace from Alex - belt from Denise]



.. as well as with my military-voodoo-hostess gear. [Hat, earrings and belts from Carla - Voodoo friend from Denise]



Both pairs of shoes come from Sarah's lot.. I'm on a mission to come up with a modern geisha outfit to justify the platform on the first pair.. I will not give up on them. I also removed the satin ribbon laces from the boots and will probably wear them as they are or have some new acid green ones put in depending on the occasion.



My Kim Kardashian crochet top/dress also depending on the occasion [from Alex] and my polka dot pleated skirt [from Karen?] ..



I think this 'carpet' skirt is on its way towards becoming my biggest friend .. [both scarf and skirt from Alex]



At this point you might be wondering whether I actually swapped all of these items in an orderly fashion with the intent of making up outfits as I went along. I must assure you that the result was accidental and that all of the swapping took place in a harem-like frenzy of stripping and unzipping. Any 'proxxmu' walking their dog at the ungodly hour of 12 in Rabat must consider 'themself' (tactfully avoiding being sexist) lucky lucky lucky. (or not)

[scarf from Denise - bag from Francesca - silky vest that hides just the right places from Carla]



Please save us all from the slightest mention of that sorry song which mentions a she-person dressed in this particualr colour .. that song sung by a big eyebrow and a floppy fringe.
[RED coverup jacket from Alex - flattering pair of RED trousers I shall replicate from Francesca - and another RED-ish patterned coverup from Carla]



Here's the dress that's going to save me this coming (busy) wedding season.. for all those weddings when anything else would look 'too much' or 'too little'.. provided I do not outgrow it :/ I love the blue zebras. [from Sarah the keeper of clothes and cute pets]



Here's the dress I was given with a warning and a disapproving look. This dress is Carla's and she thinks it's too 90s to be saved. I, on the other hand, think I can still work it. So in a bid to regain Carla's trust in her own offering I paired it with her silver belt and threw in a cute kitten for good measure. I just hope you'll still be my friend if I visit you in it.



.. and here's a blouse that came back from the first Swap. I am taking it as a sign of some sort. I'll pair it with this bag I also got from Sarah and then I'll decide. These are (not) the decisions that shape our world.



PS: Alison I will follow you wherever you go.. till death do us part. Ktnxbai. Over and out.

but just before I leave.. Sorry Rachel for the scarring stories and my attempt to seduce you from behind a flimsy scarf. I owe you tea and cake.

3 comments:

  1. wow sounds like fun!

    just for the record - that is the creepiest looking 'cute' kitten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh why wasn't I invited? You must tell me next time you have a swap party ta...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no Marika..:( I wasn't the host so I couldn't really invite people .. i'll def suggest next time round .. it'll probably happen in may but it's yet too early to tell since me must give ourselves some time to gather enough clothes ..

    ReplyDelete