Sunday, January 13, 2013

すし, 寿司, 鮨, 鮓, 寿斗, 寿し

A day's worth of prep in honour of two family birthdays is behind me and as it happens I'm feeling sad I'm out of work this Sunday morn.

A day out with mum in my cranky car stocking on enough fish, rice, noodles, coriander and sake to feed a small village followed by hours on end of chopping and dicing and stirring and basting.

We set the table with whatever seemed fitting after one too many cups of green tea and just about made it in time before we received the guests - tempura batter whisked, ramen stock cleared and dog sedated with biscuits (no, we did not cook dog - we merely treated him more than usual in the hope he'd be full enough to not pester us later on - to no avail)




(*that Cooking with Dog youtube tutorial came in handy!)



 and after one too many fizzy sweet drinks and aged grappa I totally gave up on photographing the proceedings ... as usual


That is me teaching dad how to roll (ie. me putting on my ill-fitting patience cap)



perhaps I should have done this a long time ago: 



'should you need anyone to organize a party/meal/any-sort-of-event for you please drop me a line'. 
There are only very few things I enjoy better, most of which are still related to cooking, drinking and organizational tasks.

*sushi-burp*

2 comments:

  1. sesss.. we mentioned you yesterday.. told mum you're the only person I know who'd put as much effort into lining prawns nicely on a chopping board! hurray for OCDs xx

    ReplyDelete