Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Reverse Inspiration

I am not a fan of compiling inspiration boards. That is not to say I do not enjoy coming up with them and saving them as my desktop background. I just do not sit down to come up with any before I start sketching/sewing something. What usually happens is I come up with ideas on the spot, shop for material and get on with it. It is only after I finish things that I realize what might have gone into that particular item.


Case in point:


Here's a mood/inspiration board I urged myself to sit down and come up with after I finished the dress below (the dress matches a cat-inspired mask I posted about a while back.. and yes they belong to the same lady!). What actually made it to the 'board' are pictures of things I chatted about with a friend yesterday, some classics, some things people were reminded of when they saw the dress. Things just come together in one's head. It's no use planning too painstakingly.. it's more fun to dream in retrospect.








YEWS' silver faux-leather tunic dress/pod/tunic/etc

No comments:

Post a Comment